Flashback Friday to the 2017 Classic Bass MNBN TOC
Mille Lacs Lake definitely showed off its two faces to the Minnesota BASS Nation anglers competing in the Classic Bass MNBN TOC presented by Skeeter Boat Center, held on August 3rd to the 5th.
The first day of the event (August 3rd) Mille Lacs showed just how rough and ugly it can be, as strong winds and large waves forced the Minnesota BASS Nation Tournament Officials to postpone the first day.
Mille Lacs didn’t disappoint the anglers on two fishing days (August 4th and 5th) though, as its big smallmouth bass were biting and anglers enjoyed some fantastic fishing!
- 3 lb average put you in 29th place (boater side)
- 4 lb average got you in the top ten! (boater side)
- 18 bass weighed in over the 6 lb mark!
- 76 lb Big Bass was caught by Kevin Stephens
The top ten boaters and co-anglers advancing from the 2017 Minnesota BASS Nation State Tournament to the 2018 BASS Nation Central Regional, being held on Toledo Bend this coming March include:
- Kevin Stephens, Prior Lake Hooksetters, 48.44 lb (10)
- Lee Farber, Metro Hawg Hunters, 43.78 lb (10)
- Ben Brion, Renegade Bassers, 42.98 lb (10)
- Carl Spande, Cast-a-Ways, 42.27 lb (10)
- Jay Swanson, Prior Lake Hooksetters, 42.21 lb (10)
- Corey Brant, Twin City Bass, 42.54 lb (10)
- Kenny Kostron, Prior Lake Hooksetters, 41.27 lb (10)
- Wyatt Hayes, Crow River Bass Casters, 40.99 lb (10)
- Dave Pechacek, Viking Bassmasters, 40.80 (10)
- Thor Swanson, Bemidji State, 39.71 (10)
- Matt Stearns, High School angler, 37.42 lb (10)
- Nathan Thompson, High School angler, 37.15 lb (10)
- Aaron Schmoldt, Twin City Bass, 35.93 lb (10)
- Tim Spande, Cast-a-Ways, 35.29 lb (10)
- Dominic Floria, High School angler, 34.52 lb (10)
- Mason Raveling, High School angler, 32.45 lb (10)
- Dan O’Keefe, Prior Lake Hooksetters, 31.21 (8)
- Ben Provost, High School angler, 30.56 lb (7)
- Jonathan Meerbeek, Bass Seekers, 29.03 (10)
- Jerry Yang, Gopher Bassmasters, 28.83 (8)
Full results can be viewed here: http://mnbfn.org/TOC/2017/individual_results.pdf
The Prior Lake Hooksetters club walked away with the club trophy, as they had a total weight of 145.82 lb’s. This success on Mille Lacs put four of their anglers, on the team heading to Regional’s, along with two high school anglers. State Champion Kevin Stephens also earned an invitation to the 2018 Classic Bass Champions Tour.
Stay tuned to ClassicBass as we will preview Team Minnesota’s trip to Toledo Bend this coming spring.SHARE THIS CONTENT ON: